BookMas in July
We are so excited to be hosting another Bookmas event. We wanted to bring back all the fun we had in Dec but in July when the heat hits and people need some distractions. Let me give you a small introduction and then rules before I introduce the teams.
Bookmss started in Dec of 2020 as a fun challenge with two of my favorite women I met on bookstagram. It was a play off the three ghosts from a Christmas carol. The Ghost of Bookmas past, present, and future. (See what I did there) Anyhow while we are switching it up a little for the summer challenge there will still be three teams. Each team will consist of the same number of teammates. A total of 22 points per teammate will be available to collect. The team with the most points will win and this time we have prizes for the most bingo’s and participated. So take a look below and let us know if you’d like to join us.
1) Each square (Except the Two Current reads) has to be a different book.
2) Your reads must be over 200 pages.
- Graphic novels are accepted if good reads put them at 200 or more pages.
- Children books will not be accepted
- Anthologies will not be accepted
3) For points to count you will need to Post a story of the Book on the bingo board and tag your host.
4) Can’t start till July 1st. Last day to post and tag your host will be July 31st
Meet the teams.
- Summer Lovin
- I know what you did last summer
- Never Say Die!
This round of Bookmas will be more Genre themed. Summer Lovin is focused on Romance reads.
I know what you did last summer is your thriller, mystery, horror team.
Never Say Die! Is for my Fantasy lovers.
That doesn’t mean you have to stay inside that genre for all the squares. Like if you are in a buddy read for a fantasy book but you want to be in the thriller team that's fine as long as it fits the prompt in that square (aka buddy read). Down below are the boards for each team, the host’s Instagram that will be your go-to, and some book recommendations. Take a look and let us know if you’d like to join a team.
- Enemies to lovers: Act your age Eve Brown, Red White & Royal Blue, A Pho Love Story, The Ex Talk, The Worst Best Man
- Tropical Destinations:: Shipped, Float Plan, Meet Me in Paradise, Island Affair, Call Me By Your Name
- Historical Romance: Any Bridgerton book, The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels, To Love and Loathe, Last Bookshop in London, Bringing Down the Duke
- Man On the Right: This is easy ( maybe ) just check your bookshelf and find a romance with a man on the right side of the cover
- Forced Relationship: Boyfriend Material, The Dating Plan, Take a Hint, Dani Brown, The Captive Prince
- Royal: Playing The Palace, American Royals, The Betrothed, The Royal Runaway, Royal We
- Book with a bite: Blood and Ash series, Vampire Academy, Crave, Moon Called the Mercy Thompson series, Shadow Beast Shifters series, For the Wolf.
- Fantasy set on/in the sea: Daughter of the Pirate King, To Kill a Kingdom, Fable, The Assassin’s Curse, Dark Shores, In Deeper Waters, Ship of Magic.
- Retelling: Cinder, The Wrath and The Dawn, Heartless, Circe, The Bear and The Nightingale, Ariadne
- Book set in another world: Mistborn, The Name of the Wind, Lord of the Rings, The Eye of the World, A Court of Thrones and Roses, Assassin’s Apprentice.
- LGBQTIA+: Black Wings Beating, Girls of Paper and Fire, The Fifth Season, Gideon the Ninth, The Priory of the Orange Tree.
- Found Family: Six of Crows, The Gilded Wolves, Vicious, The Mortal Instruments Series, Wayfarers, The Raven Cycle, The House in the Cerulean Sea.
- Domestic suspense : As Long As They Both Shall Live, Gone Girl, The Silent Patient, My Lovely Wife, Something by the Water, Truth be Told
- Lock room : The Guest List, And Then There Were None, They All Fall Downhill
- Starts with a disappearance :The Lost, Seven Crows, Vanishing Girls, Songs For the Missing
- Obsessive friend: Social Creature, The last Mrs. Parrish, Give Me Your Hand, You
- Book with a persons back on the cover. (Meaning you can’t see their face)
- At a summer camp or cabin: One By One, Last Time I Lied, Blood Games
The story template to use for stories: